Guide for NU Members
Reading the materials
The GSID Library materials are located at the following location, which are arranged by Nippon Decimal Classification: NDC.
Please note the following before visiting the library.
- Please search the materials you want to read using the OPAC.
- The GSID Library holds materials whose Location in the OPAC indicates "GSID","GSID in Stack".
- A material whose Status in "in laboratory" is used in a professor's laboratory. If you wish to use it, please apply for a temporary return at the sevice desk.
- A material whose Location is "GSID ASCI ●●" is located at one of the overseas campuses.
Books located on separate shelves
|The bigining of Call No.||Materials||Location|
|Number (NDC)||Books||Library, Stack room|
Current Journals -- Library
Back numbers --Stack room
|推薦+Call No.||Recommended Books||Library|
|指定+Call No.||Teaching Materials||Library|
|博論+Call No.||GSID Dissertations||GSID dissertations (before April 2013)
GSID dissertations (after April 2013)
--The Nagoya Repository
|国開+Call No.||Publications of GSID Faculty Members||Library|
|語学+Call No.||Cassette tapes and CD for language study||Library||C+Call No.||CD-ROM, CD||Library office|
|D+Call No.||Asian Development Bank Publications||Library, Stack room
|I+Call No.||Institute of Developing Economies Publications||Library, Stack room
|J+Call No.||JICA: Japan International Cooperation AgencyPublications||Library, Stack room
|L+Call No.||Large size Books||Stack room|
|M+Call No.||Microfilm and Microfische||Stack room|
|P+Call No.||Asian Productivity Organizations Publications||Library, Stack room
|R+Call No.||Reference Books||Library, Stack room|
|V+Call No.||Audio Visual Materials||Library|
|W+Call No.||World BankPublications||Library, Stack room
--WB Research and Publications
How to use the Call number label
Call number labels are attached on the spine of the books, which are arranged in numerical and alphabetical orders.
First section is NDC.
Second section is Author's initial.
Third section is series number.
Fourth section is book ID.
Example: The first character of the Call Number is W.
This book has been published by the World Bank.
GSID master theses
- Only theses whose authors approved to be made public are available.
- GSID master theses are on the library notebook computer. Please apply for the service desk.
- You cannot take it out of the GSID library or save the data.
- For borrowing books, your ID/library card is needed. Please bring the card to the service desk together with the books.
- You can check your borrowing records and renew the period at [My Account] on OPAC.
- You are not allowed to borrow any materials, unless return the books by the due date.
- Renewals can be made before the due date as long as there is no reservation by another user. You can renew the due date on OPAC by yourself or visit the service desk with your ID card and borrowed items.
|The types of library membership||Limit||Period|
|Faculty members & graduates students||30 items||3 months|
|Undergraduates students||5 items||1 month|
|GSID Dissertations, GSID Recommended Books and Audio Visual Materials||2 items||1 week|
|Cassette tapes and CD for language study||2 items||1 week|
|Reference Books, Teaching Materials, Journals||-||Temporary borrowing or Overnight loan|
- Return books at the service desk.
- If the library is closed, please put the books into the return box in front of the library. When you return the fragile items such as video tapes, CD-ROMs, please return them to the service desk, do not put them into the return box.
- Materials that you borrowed from other libraries, please return them to the correct libraries.
Reserving / Temporary Returning Service
- Reservation is available for the material on loan. Search it on the NU OPAC, press the "reserve" button and log in with Nagoya Univ. ID/Password. →[Guide Sheet: Reserve Books That are Currently on Loan]
- You can see the due date of returing the book on the OPAC.
- If the due date is several months ahead or the book is 'in laboratory', you can use Temporary return service. Please fill out the "Application form of book reservation" at the service desk.
- When the material is returned, you will be informed via E-mail.
Temporary Borrowing / Overnight Loan
- For Journals, Teaching materials and Reference Books, only Temporary borrowing or Overnight loan is allowed.
- Temporary borrowing: The book must be returned on the same day which was borrowed.
- Overnight loan: The book can be borrowed after 16:30, and must be returned by 10:30 on the following day.
- Please visit the service desk to do the necessary procedure.
Using Central Library and Other Departmental Libraries
- You can use the resources in Central Library and other departmental libraries.
- The circulation policies may vary according to each library.
- For using resources of Tsurumai and Daiko campuses, you can request a free-delivery service.
Copy Order and Loan Order
If a book or journal you want is not available in Nagoya University (Higashiyama campus), you can order copy of an article or book from other libraries.
- You can order via the NU OPAC. Please click the "InterLibrary Copy Request" or "InterLibrary Loan Request" on the OPAC top and enter information of a book/journal/article. For more detailed, please check "Guide to Interlibrary Loan Services" (University Library).
Visiting Other Libraries
- Visiting libraries of national universities or joint-use libraries in Tokai area: If you show the ID card/student card, the letter of introduction will be not required.
- Other libraries of public/private universities: Some libraries may require a letter of introduction and an appointment in advance. The letter of introduction can be issued at the ILL desk on the 2nd floor of the Central library. Showing student card or ID card is required. Please apply as soon as possible.
- Visiting IDE Libraries: In accordance with "The Memorandum about Inter-library Loan between IDE Library and Nagoya University Library", the members (the staffs and students) of Nagoya University are allowed to visit IDE Library and borrow their materials. For more detailed, please check "About the use of the Library of Institute of Developing Economies (IDE) ".
Book purchasing request(for GSID students only)
- Before applying, please be sure to check the book holdings in the library by the NU OPAC.
- Generally, it takes more than 2 weeks to select and accept. If you are in a hurry, please use the Interlibrary Loan service.
- Due to the budget, collection policy, etc., we may not be able to meet your request.
- For student requests, the library will ask your academic advisor for their opinion.
Please let us know the books you would like to add to the library from the request form.