Guide for Visitors
Before you visit
Before visiting the GSID Library, please search the materials you want to read using the OPAC.
Please bring your ID Card (student identification card, licence ... etc.). A letter of introduction is not needed.
Entering the library
- Please fill in the application form at the service desk.
Reading the materials
The GSID Library materials are arranged by Nippon Decimal Classification: NDC.
Books located on separate shelves
|The bigining of Call No.||Materials||Location|
|Number (NDC)||Books||Library, Stack room|
Current Journals -- Library
Back numbers --Stack room
|推薦+Call No.||Recommended Books||Library|
|指定+Call No.||Teaching Materials||Library|
|博論+Call No.||GSID Dissertations||GSID dissertations (before April 2013)
GSID dissertations (after April 2013)
--The Nagoya Repository
|国開+Call No.||Publications of GSID Faculty Members||Library|
|語学+Call No.||Cassette tapes and CD for language study||Library||C+Call No.||CD-ROM, CD||Library office|
|D+Call No.||Asian Development Bank Publications||Library, Stack room
|I+Call No.||Institute of Developing Economies Publications||Library, Stack room
|J+Call No.||JICA: Japan International Cooperation AgencyPublications||Library, Stack room
|L+Call No.||Large size Books||Stack room|
|M+Call No.||Microfilm and Microfische||Stack room|
|P+Call No.||Asian Productivity Organizations Publications||Library, Stack room
|R+Call No.||Reference Books||Library, Stack room|
|V+Call No.||Audio Visual Materials||Library|
|W+Call No.||World BankPublications||Library, Stack room
--WB Research and Publications
Hou to use the Call number label
Call number labels are attached on the spine of the books, which are arranged in numerical and alphabetical orders.
First section is NDC.
Second section is Author's initial.
Third section is series number.
Fourth section is book ID.
Example: The first character of the Call Number is W.
This book has been published by the World Bank.
GSID master theses
- Only theses whose authors approved to be made public are available.
- GSID master theses are on the library notebook computer. Please apply for it at the service desk.
- You cannot take it out of the GSID library or save the data.
- We cannot lend to people outside the university.
- You may borrow the book via a nearby public library or a university library you belong to, please ask your community library.
- We have no coin-operated copy machines.
- When you want copy materials, please apply for a temporary loan for photocopying. For temporary loan for photocopying, fill in the necessary items on the form at the service desk and return them when you are finished.
- If you want to photocopy materials, please bring your ID card (student identification card, licence ... etc.).