To the body text
Graduate School of International Development,Nagoya University
Top PageGeneral InformationFacultyCurriculumResearch ActivitiesSocial & International Cooperation ActivitiesUniversity lifeApplication ProceduresGSID LibraryContactLinkSite MapCopyrightInformation for Our Department Members
Requesting Certificates (For former students no longer in Japan) Japanese
Navigation Top Page >> Contact >> Requesting Certificates (For former students no longer in Japan)
Last Updated: , Public Relations Committee

Requesting Certificates (For former students no longer in Japan)

Only applications by the former student him/herself are accepted at the GSID Office.

[1] Types of certificates available:

  • Degree Certificates (Completion Certificates)
  • All but Dissertation Certificates
  • Period of Enrollment Certificates
  • Academic Transcripts
    • Academic Transcripts are given in sealed envelopes.
    • For other certificates, please contact GSID Office, Student Affairs Desk

[2] Documents necessary for application


There is a specific form for application. Please download the form from the link below.

  1. Excel
  2. PDF
2) Copies of 2 of the following documents
Passport / ID card / Birth Certificate
3) A self-addressed envelope
When requesting "academic transcripts", you will need an envelope larger than 120×235 mm.
4) International Reply Coupon covering postage from Japan to your country

Please enclose items (1)-(4) in an envelope and mail to the following address.
Certificate requests by phone, via fax and email are not accepted regardless.

464-8603 [ZIP code]
Nagoya University, Student Affairs Division, Administrative Office for Humanities and Social Sciences,Student Support Counter
Fru-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Japan

※Please write clearly "Enc. Application Form for Certificates"on your envelop.

[3] After receiving your mail:

  • 3 working days for certificates in Japanese
  • 7 working days for certificates in English
    • Please apply well ahead of time, taking into account the time needed for the mail to reach you.

[4] How much does it cost to have certificates issued? Free of charge.

[5] For questions, please contact +81-52-789-2377.

Copyright(c)Graduate School of International Development,Nagoya University.All Rights Reserved.